122. To be of X bent علاقه و تمایل به چیزی داشتن
Readers of a more literary bent.
123. Parry a question از پاسخ به سوالی طفره رفتن
Predictably, the president parried questions about the arms.
124.To be at odds with مخالف بودن با
Mary is always at odds with her father about how late she can stay out.
125. See eye to eye on s.th توافق نظر داشتن درباره ی
Will labor and management ever see eye to eye on the new contract?
126.Be at variance با هم اختلاف داشتن
John’s and Mary’s answers are at variance.
127. Exact a toll صدمه زدن، لطمه زدن
The war exacted a terrible toll.
128. Bear /Take/Suffer …. the brunt of s.th بیشترین لطمه از چیزی را خوردن
His troops took the brunt of the enemy attack.
129. Inter alia در بین موارد دیگر
His writings are notoriously prolix and opaque so he has been claimed, inter alia, as materialist , eclectic and upholder of historicism.
130. The adj few for example: the wealthy few اقلیت / اقلیت پولداران
131. To be bested by X مغلوب شدنی، جلوی کسی کم آوردن
He is normally bested by subtlety.
132. As often as not /more often than not معمولا
As often as not when I make the effort to visit he ,I wonder why I’ve ever bothered.
133. Read X as Y تفسیر کردن (Y) را به (X)
It is fallacious reasoning to read Keynesian economics as recommending a perpetual raising of the debt ceiling.