96. Come to fruition به ثمر نشستن، نتیجه دادن
Our hard work and the end we planned foe will soon come to fruition.
97. Shuffle off ترک کردن جایی
Toward the end of the evening, the guests shuffled off one by one.
98. Groan under the strain of s.th تحت فشار چیزی بودن، غر غر کردن، اعتراض کردن
The aid system is groaning under the strain of the current refugee crisis.
99. Come to a standstill متوقف شدن
As the strike began, the production line came to standstill.
100. The better part of s.th قسمت بیشتر چیزی
We waited for the better part of an hour, then called again.
101. At best در بهترین حالت، حداکثر
This trace could last only a short time at best and, at worse, fall apart in a week.
102. A tangential remark / question سوال / سخن نامربوط
103. All but;
In some places, bus service has all but disappeared.
104. Anything but;
The minister And the church leaders are all deaf, yet the service is anything but silent.
105. But =only فقط
He was but a child.
106. But for s.b /s.th اگر بخاطر چیزی یا کسی نبود
But for you, we couldn’t have managed.
107. Have a field day with s.th به چیزی زیاد پرداختن / مورد بحث قراردادن چیزی
The media had a field day with the sensational story.
108. So much so that… تا به این حد که
The path was overgrown with grass so much so that I could easily have missed it altogether.
109. Put on تظاهر کردن
They mask their true emotions in order to put on a smile for the customer.