46. Fit/Fill the bill مناسب بودن
If you want quieter entertainment, there are many excellent museums in town that will fit the bill.
47. Fellow feeling همدلی
Fellow feeling is synonymous with mutual sympathy or friendship.
48. Circular logic /Begging the question مغلطه مصادره به مطلوب
When we “beg the question” or engage in circular reasoning, we ask readers to accept a conclusion as true without offering a reason for doing so.
49. Bode well for حکایت از چیز خوبی داشتن، خبر از آینده روشن دادن
Things do not bode well for your future at this job.
50. Augur well for خبر از آینده روشن دادن
This latest economic message does not augur well for the stock market.
51. To be at loggerheads with در اختلاف بودن با
They are constantly at loggerheads with the farmers union.
52. Accept /Take s.th as gospel چیزی را بدون چون وچرا پذیرفتن
You shouldn’t accept as gospel everything you read in the newspaper.
53. Well-heeled / Well-fixed / Well-off متمول ؛ثروتمند
My uncle can afford a new car. He is well-heeled.
54. To be tantamount to s.th معادل و برابر چیزی بودن
His statement was tantamount to an admission of guilt.
55. Teem with s.th سرشار از چیزی بودن
A drop of water teems with microorganisms.
56. Subservient to کم اهمیت تر نسبت به چیز دیگر
The individual’s needs are seen as subservient to the group.
57. Soi-disant /So- called (به اصطلاح منفی )
The soi-disant doctor has no degree of any kind.