- Animals are classified as mammals, reptiles, rodents, amphibians and egg-layers.
- This animal is an endangered species/threatened with extinction.
- That animal is cold-blooded/warm-blooded.
- Cows are herbivorous animals but lions are carnivorous.
- The cows are grazing in the field.
- That dog is chewing on/gnawing at a bone.
- What do the lions prey on?
- Have you shown your pet to a vet?
- The vet said that my dog had to go into quarantine for a week.
- This horse has to be put down/destroyed/killed.
- Have you ever touched the scaly skin of a snake?
- Can you tell me the names of some animals which hibernate?
- Lion is sometimes called the king of the beast.
- The vultures were picking at a lion’s carcass.
- We have to set a trap to catch those rabbits.
- They have inseminated the cow.
- Can you help me to milk the cow?
- The fish swallowed the bait.
- Eagles and hawks are birds of prey.
- The swallows are nesting under the roof.
- I was stung by a wasp yesterday.
- I have got mosquito bites all down my arm.
- Buy an insecticide spray on your way home.
- I’m terribly afraid of cockroaches. They give me creep.
- It’s possible to tame/domesticate the Asian elephant.
- Lions are native/indigenous to Africa.
- Some animals do not mate/breed in zoos.
Parts of an Animal
Name of some animals